Festival of Lights Service at St. Philip's | Arts & Culture
The Advent Festival of Lights service, entitled “Women: The Love, Power, and Spirit of Transformation,” will be held at St. Philip’s In The Hills Episcopal Church on December 4, at 7 p.m. This candlelit service seeks to illuminate the feminine face of God. The service will feature readings, prayers, instrumental music, and congregational singing. Following the service, there will be a lighting of candles and a journey through the new outdoor labyrinth. After some time for personal reflection, a potluck dessert and coffee will take place in the Murphey Gallery at St. Philip’s. A freewill offering will benefit Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse. Emerge! provides domestic abuse crisis intervention and housing, prevention and education, and support and advocacy services to women and children. Emerge! is the largest domestic abuse shelter and provider of domestic abuse prevention and abuse programs in Southern Arizona (www.emergecenter.org).
The public is cordially invited to attend. Attendees are asked to bring a dessert to share.
St. Philip’s is located at 4440 N. Campbell Avenue at River Road. Ample parking is available in the north parking lot. The office phone number is 299-6421.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pinal County Libraries to host Indiana Bones during Storytelling Tour
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures