Live Nativity Scene at St. Philip's | Arts & Culture
Children of all ages are encouraged to stop by St. Philip’s In The Hills Episcopal Church on Christmas Eve, between 4:30 and 5 p.m., to watch as the children of St. Philip’s bring to life the blessed Nativity. The tableau will include the usual cast of characters and feature the Holy Family: a mother, a father, and a real live baby. Children will also assume the roles of various animals important to the occasion, and some that were perhaps imaginary.
The Live Nativity Scene follows the 4 p.m. Christmas Eve Children’s Service, which is a communion service designed for toddlers and preschoolers and their families. The service includes the Blessing of the Baby Jesus. Attendees are invited to bring the Baby Jesus from their home nativity scene to be blessed during the service. All are welcome to attend.
St. Philip’s is located at 4440 N. Campbell Avenue at River Road. The office phone number is 299-6421.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers