Town of Oro Valley seeks input on proposed overlay district | Business
The Town of Oro Valley is looking for input from businesses and residents on a proposed overlay district and zoning code amendment for the area known as Innovation Park (on the northwest corner of Oracle and Tangerine).
This overlay would help streamline the administrative review and approval process to allow for development projects within Innovation Park, and allow new businesses to set up shop in Oro Valley.
“The proposed overlay district demonstrates our commitment to expanding the bioscience corridor,” said Mayor Satish Hiremath. “These corporations are looking at Oro Valley, and a streamlined development process will give us the edge over competing locations.”
Oro Valley will first host a stakeholder meeting with Sanofi-Aventis, Ventana-Roche, Oro Valley Hospital, Vistoso Partners, Southwest Parks and Monuments, Cottonwood Properties, Rancho Vistoso HOA, Venture West and Innovation Corporate Center tenants. The town will be inviting input from these businesses on the new overlay proposal, at the August 20 meeting.
Residents of the area will get a chance to have their say at their own meeting, on August 29 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Ventana-Roche cafeteria (1910 E. Innovation Park Drive). An overview and proposed timeline of the project will be presented and participants will have a chance to ask questions and provide feedback.
Oro Valley Planning and Zoning commission will also be holding their own public hearings for further consideration on the overlay project.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers