Zumbathon to benefit 'Chad's Wheels' Program | Community Spirit
Looking for a worthy cause to support this weekend, why not stop by and participate in the Zumbathon event to help support ‘Chad’s Wheels Program’ and help a deserving family.
Chad’s Wheels Program, sponsored by Alisa’s Angels Foundation, is all about a family working to buy a wheel chair accessible van for family use. Chad was born premature and weighed only 1 lb 12 oz at birth; at eight months of age he was diagnosed with Spastic Quadraplegic Palsy. Despite all that has been thrown at him, Chad and his family have made it 17 years. The family is currently struggling to purchase a wheelchair accessible van, valued at nearly $60,000.
This Zumbathon Charity Event has been put together to help them raise the money needed to purchase this wheelchair friendly van.
WHEN: December 2 from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
WHERE: St. Gregory’s College Preparatory School (3231 N. Craycroft Tucson, 85712)
COST: $8 in advance, $10 at the door
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Pinal County Libraries to host Indiana Bones during Storytelling Tour
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- Marana swim program to get a helping hand from Foothills Optimist Club
- Holiday activity advisory from Coronado National Forest officials
- Church offers series on Christian holiness and human sexuality
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures