The felines are back at the Humane Society of Southern Arizona | Community Spirit
Tomorrow the Humane Society of Southern Arizona will have a limited number of felines available for adoption, both young and old.
These kitties will be available both at the main shelter and its satellite locations. They have been isolated and monitored at the main shelter, and are showing no signs of the earlier illness that threatened the shelter. All have been socialized, are healthy and in need of good homes.
Please call the shelter or stores to be sure there are cats available at that location. The numbers are listed below:
- Shelter, 3450 N. Kelvin Blvd.: 327-6088
- PAWSH Park Place: 881-7406
- PAWSH La Encantada: 327-6577
- PetSmart at River/Orange Grove: 742-1296
In addition to releasing cats for adoption the HSSA will also be accepting both owner release and stray cats, though by appointment only. This will start on December 22 at the main shelter (on Kelvin Blvd.)
Appointments for owner relinquishment are required at least through December 24; to make an appointment please call 327-6088, ext. 100.
Please remember, if you are relinquishing a cat it must be restrained in a crate or carrier. Staff must be able to safely handle the animal. Cats brought in traps will not be accepted for relinquishment.
The Humane Society of Southern Arizona Main Shelter will close at 4 p.m. for Christmas Eve on Monday, Dec. 24. All locations will be closed Christmas Day.
The HSSA is also thanking the Tucson community for its support and understanding as they have worked to treat the outbreak of Calicivirus. They look forward to again helping homeless cats find their perfect forever families.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers