'Why I love Arizona' photography contest | Community Spirit
This is for all those photographers out there (both amateur and professional) a photography contest about why they love Arizona.
Long Realty is sponsoring the ‘Why I Love Arizona’ photo contest, which began February 4, with donations going toward their Long Realty Cares Foundation.
“This competition is a great way to support and celebrate the beauty of Arizona while encouraging positive community involvement,” says Rosey Koberlein, CEO of Long Companies, in a recent news release. “A strong sense of community is important to Long Realty and we brought this contest back to continue an outlet for our neighbors to show their Arizona pride.”
The contest is open to everyone, with the requirement only that photographers should aim to capture a unique photo that encompasses Arizona’s magnificence.
Photos can be submitted online from February 4 to February 22, with public online voting starting March 11; winners will be announced in April.
The photo with the most votes in each category will win a prize from the category sponsor and the overall winner receiving a grand prize of $1,926.
In 2011 Nearly 1,000 photos were submitted; Long Realty is hoping to surpass number in 2013. As an added incentive, $1 will be donated to the Long Realty Cares Foundation for every photo that is submitted. Since the Long Realty Cares Foundation was created 10 years ago, the organization has raised more than 2 million dollars for over 170 Arizona charities.
More than 35,000 online votes cast throughout the last contest.
There are over 10 different categories, so photographers of all skill levels will have the opportunity to submit a winning photo.
For a full list of categories and contest details, visit www.whyilovearizona.com.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’