Oro Valley Police asking for help to solve two hit and run cases | Crime
Oro Valley Police Department is asking for the community's help in solving two 'hit and run' incidents from June.
These incidents occurred at the same spot on Tangerine and La Canada, but on different days and times. The first incident happened June 7 at 7:06 p.m. and involved a pedestrian who was seriously injured. OVPD is asking for information about an unknown white male, wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. Both the victim and witnesses have described the suspect vehicle as a white Dodge or Ford extended cab pick-up truk with a chrome grill. It was last seen fleeing the scene northbound on La Canada from Tangerine.
The second incident happened June 24 at 7:32 a.m. and involved a person on a bicycle who was seriously injured. OVPD is seeking information about an unknown older white male with a white beard and mustache. Witnesses describe the vehicle as a late 70's or mid 80's model Suburban or pickup truck with a camper shell. The vehicle had a temporary license plate and witnesses gave a partial plate number of 'D026'. The vehicle was seen fleeing the scene eastbound on Tangerine.
If you have any information about these collisions please contact Sgt. D. Nesbitt at 229-4953 or 88-Crime.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers