Oro Valley Police receives grant funds from GOHS | Crime
The Oro Valley Police Department will be receiving a boost in funding from the Arizona Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (GOHS).
The GOHS grant will help fund additional personnel and equipment deployments during DUI checkpoints. The OVPD will be working closely with GOHS to ensure the funds are used in an efficient and effective way.
GOHS grant money, over $55,000 will available for OVPD to use after October 1; and will go a long way in helping achieve their mission objectives – reducing impaired driving and the tragic losses associated with this crime and to increase traffic safety awareness through education and enforcement.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’