‘Tis the season to treecycle’ | Environment
This will be the 17th year the City of Tucson has offered this service through their TreeCycle program, which began back in 1997.
The program starts December 26 and runs through January 6, with many recycling sites across Tucson and Oro Valley. The following sites are open during daylight hours:
- Oro Valley lot, “Naranja Town Site,” 660 W. Naranja Dr.
- Rillito Race Track, 4502 N. 1st Ave., east parking lot (follow signs)
- Udall Park, 7200 E. Tanque Verde Rd., south of ball fields (follow signs)
- Golf Links Sports Park, northwest of Craycroft Rd. and Golf Links Rd.
- Tucson Rodeo Grounds, northeast of Irvington Rd. and 6th Ave.
- Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd., (follow signs)
- Silverbell Site, northeast of Goret Rd. and Silverbell Rd. (follow signs)
- Purple Heart Park, southeast corner of Rita Rd. and Esmond Loop
- Randolph Golf Course, 600 S. Alvernon Way, southeast portion of parking lot
The City of Tucson will not be collecting Christmas trees from curbs and alleys. Other green waste cannot be accepted at TreeCycle. Commercial tree lot overages are not accepted at TreeCycle sites, except for Los Reales Landfill and Tangerine Landfill at posted landfill rates.
From January 2nd, through January 6th, 2013, the City of Tucson will have wood chips available for pick-up at Udall Park and Randolph Golf Course. Bring your own container and take home some free wood chips for your garden.
Reminder - please remember to remove all ornaments, decorations and tree stands before dropping off at the TreeCycle sites. And remember to Tree Pool! Bring your neighbor’s tree— fewer trips means cleaner air.
Questions? Call the Recycling InfoLine at 791-5000 or visit the ES website at www.tucsonaz.gov/esd
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers