Oro Valley to host car seat inspection event this weekend | Events
An estimated 85 percent of car seats are installed incorrectly. The purpose of this free event is to educate caregivers about the importance of car seat safety and proper installation. Certified passenger safety technicians will be on-site to provide one-on-one “hands-on” help with car seat installation.
WHEN: March 16, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: Oro Valley Marketplace (Tangerine and Innovation Parkway); in the parking lot west of Walmart.
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of injuries and death for children under the age of 14, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Properly installed car seats reduce fatal injury by more than 70 percent for infants and by 54 percent for children through age 4.
“Research shows that as children age, they are less likely to be in the appropriate child safety seat for their age and weight,” says Kimberly Romo, Safe Kids Pima County, in a recent news release. Arizona also recently passed a booster seat law which requires children ages 7 or under who are less than 4’9” in height must be secured in a child passenger restraint system.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’