Antique appraisal, dinner fundraiser for Assistance League this weekend | Events
This weekend the Assistance League of Tucson is hosting two fundraisers to benefit local non-profits here in Tucson.
Saturday and Sunday, an antiques appraisal fair and dinner will be hosted by the Assistance League of Tucson and benefit Operation School Bell and several other Assistance League programs.
Saturday’s event, is a dinner with the experts who will be appraising the treasures on ‘Whatz it Worth’ Sunday. The dinner will be held at the Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch, and those who wish to attend can purchase their tickets at www.whatzitworth.org
Sunday’s event, ‘Whatz it Worth?’ is an antiques appraisal fundraiser. Guests are encouraged to bring in their family heirlooms, thrift store treasures and yard sale finds to be appraised by several nationally know appraisers.
Appraisers scheduled to be at the ‘Whatz it Worth?’ event are: James Callahan, Linda Dyer, Rafael Eledge, Colleene Fesko, Ken Gloss, Virginia Salem, James Supp, David Weiss, Stuart Whitehurst and Sara Wishart.
Last year more than 550 items were appraised the Whatz it Worth? Event, and a high price is not quite so shocking to appraisers or event coordinators.
“I was shocked and amazed when a Picasso came through the door worth $150,000, and a unique one of a kind Led Zeppelin t-shirt from a concert that never happened was appraised at $3500, much to the amazement of the owner,” said Event Chairwoman, Kim Sparling in a recent news release on the event, about last year’s event. “Everyone has a special treasure in their house and they wonder, ‘Whatz it Worth?’”
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers