Oro Valley fireworks ban lifted by town council | News
Oro Valley Town Council has lifted the fireworks ban imposed back in June. The ban will be lifted as of August 15.
Council members lifted the ban after the Golder Ranch Fire Chief reviewed data on fire potential and determined the current weather conditions allowed for the lifting.
“We appreciate the assistance from the Golder Ranch Fire District and the Fire Chief in continuing to evaluate the fire conditions,” said Greg Caton, Town Manager. “Fortunately, the conditions have significantly improved and we are comfortable lifting the ban.”
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers