Update on work on Cortaro Farms/Magee Road project | News
Updated information - the five day closure for Magee Road will not be happening. According to the Pima County Department of Transportation, the closure has been postponed. Drivers will still be able to use Magee Road, and the following are still in effect:
In further construction updates, Shannon Road will reopen in mid-December, after crews have finished installing the underground drainage and paved the road.
Canada del Oro River Park Pedestrian Path at Magee Road, will also be closed from now until February 2013, due to installation of underground drainage and bridge construction.
During all of the construction work businesses will remain open and accessible. Drivers are advised to approach the areas with caution, to obey all traffic signs and watch for construction crews and equipment.
For more information contact Annabelle Valenzuela, Community Relations, at (520) 740-6410 or visit the project website at http://roadprojects.pima.gov/CortaroMagee/.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers
- Sullivan’s Steakhouse hosting a ‘glitzy’ Great Gatsby-inspired event
- AZ Game and Fish meetings for public comment on licensing structures
- Two new battalion chiefs promoted in the Golder Ranch Fire District
- Amphitheater School sites to offer free breakfast, lunch during summer school
- Amphitheater Public Schools ‘Class of 2013’