Oro Valley seeks to fill various board and commission vacancies | News
Have you ever wanted to serve in a public office? Oro Valley is now accepting applications from residents who are interested in serving on a Board or Commission.
To qualify for the vacancies the following must be met: be a resident of Oro Valley, be available to attend the designated meetings and be committed to the completion of Oro Valley’s Community Academy within their term.
There are openings in the following areas:
Conceptual Design Review Board (CRDB) – one vacancy (three year term)
The CDRB analyzes conceptual design and art proposals for future developments. The CDRB differs from the primary function of the Planning and Zoning Commission, which is focused on the review of land use related to development applications. The focus of the CDRB differs from the Board of Adjustment, which addresses requests for deviations from the Zoning Code. The CDRB meets the fourth Tuesday of every month at 6 p.m. at Town Hall.
Historic Preservation Commission (HPC) – two vacancy (each a three year term)
The HPC was formed to promote the educational, cultural and economic welfare of Oro Valley by ensuring the preservation of historic buildings, districts, landmarks, structures, documents, photographs and other artifacts that represent the historic background and development of the greater Oro Valley area. HPC meets the first Monday of every month at 5 p.m. at Town Hall.
Residents who are interested in applying for any of these positions can contact the Town Clerk’s Office at 229-4700 or download the Volunteer Application from the Boards and Commissions Opportunities webpage at www.orovalleyaz.gov.
Top Oro Valley Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Third graders at DeGrazia Elementary donate their 'Pennies for Puppies'
- Marana Unified names Employees of the Year - Teacher and Support Staff honored by Governing Board
- Assistant Superintendent selected at Marana Unified
- Marana to hold two code enforcement open houses in June
- Four riders from VFW 5990 participate in Run for the Wall
- AZ 79 between Florence, Oracle Junction closed due to rollover accident
- Catalina resident badly injured after fall from horse
- Sheriff Babeu and County Attorney Voyles team up for anti-bullying school assemblies
- 2013 Volunteer Service Award winners
- ICS Mobile Meals is in need of volunteer delivery drivers